DISCOVER PARKINSON PLACE
PARKINSON PLACE is a first of its kind 11,000 sq. ft. Multidisciplinary Care Center in Sarasota, Florida dedicated exclusively to the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of those living with Parkinson’s disease. Open 9am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Membership is FREE and easy.
Conveniently located just off I-75 Exit 207 (Bee Ridge Road W.) in Sarasota; one block North of the Bee Ridge Rd. and Cattleman Rd. intersection; turn East on Cattleridge Blvd.; bear left; see marquee on right.
PARKINSON PLACE offers over 80 free research based programs per month to members in addition to educational programs and social events. Programs are led by certified licensed instructors all experts in the field. All participation programs can be performed standing or sitting in a chair based on individual ability.
- USF PARKINSON CLINIC - Juan Sanchez-Ramos, MD, PhD, Director
- GENERAL NEUROLOGY CLINIC - Patrick J. Madden, MD, Director
- PSYCHOLOGY CLINIC - Angelo Domingo, Psy.D, Director
- PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINIC - Toya Crutchfield, PT
- SPEECH & SWALLOWING CLINIC - Mary Spremulli, MA, CCC/SLP, Director
- CARE MANAGEMENT CLINIC - Denise Drabik, M.S.W., C-ASWCM
IT’S EASY TO KEEP YOUR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT UP AND MOVING AT PARKINSON PLACE!
INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE PROGRAMS
- GENTLE YOGA - Meditative Breathing & Stretching Exercises
- TAI CHI - Moving Meditative Exercise for Peace & Balance
- FUN FITNESS - Better Balance and Strengthening Exercises
- GIANT STEPS - Exaggerated Moves for Bigger Steps & Better Balance
- LET’S DANCE – Sit or Stand Exercises to Live Bongo Beat
- AGELESS GRACE - 21 Energizing Chair Exercises
- LAUGHTER YOGA – Yogic Breathing Exercises and Therapeutic Humor
EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- ASK-THE-DOCTOR - Lunch and Learn - Juan Sanchez-Ramos, MD, PhD
- PARKINSON POWER - Lunch and Learn - Marilyn Tait
- WHO CARES - Weekly Caregiver Support - Marilyn Tait
Make PARKINSON PLACE your home away from home!
Those who cannot speak…sing. Those who cannot walk…dance. Those who cannot smile…laugh.
A Program of the
PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Table Of Contents The Six Exercises of 2014 Ask The Doctor Parkinson Power Schedule Of 2014 The Six Exercises of 2014 Back To Top Ask The Doctor Back To Top Parkinson Power Schedule Of 2014 Back To...
WHO CARES? “Success Strategies for Parkinson Caregivers” By MARILYN TAIT Parkinson Educator, Motivator & Advocate Executive Director, Parkinson Research Foundation SPEAK UP! “Keep Talking When No One Wants to Listen” The non-stop highs and lows of...