DISCOVER PARKINSON PLACE
PARKINSON PLACE is a first of its kind 11,000 sq. ft. Multidisciplinary Care Center in Sarasota, Florida dedicated exclusively to the physical, mental, emotional and social needs of those living with Parkinson’s disease. Open 9am - 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Membership is FREE and easy.
Conveniently located just off I-75 Exit 207 (Bee Ridge Road W.) in Sarasota; one block North of the Bee Ridge Rd. and Cattleman Rd. intersection; turn East on Cattleridge Blvd.; bear left; see marquee on right.
PARKINSON PLACE offers over 80 free research based programs per month to members in addition to educational programs and social events. Programs are led by certified licensed instructors all experts in the field. All participation programs can be performed standing or sitting in a chair based on individual ability.
IT'S EASY TO KEEP YOUR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT UP AND MOVING AT PARKINSON PLACE!
- USF PARKINSON CLINIC - Juan Sanchez-Ramos, MD, PhD, Director
- PSYCHOLOGY CLINIC - Angelo Domingo, Psy.D, Director
- PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINIC - Toya Crutchfield, PT
- SPEECH & SWALLOWING CLINIC - Mary Spremulli, MA, CCC/SLP, Director
INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE PROGRAMS
- GENTLE YOGA – Meditative Breathing & Stretching Exercises
- FUN FITNESS – Balance, Coordination and Strengthening Exercises
- LET 'S DANCE – Sit or Stand Freestyle Exercises to Live Drum Beat
- AGELESS GRACE – 21 Energizing Chair Exercises
- VOICE AEROBICS – Speech and Swallowing Exercises
EDUCATION, EMPOWERMENT AND SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- ASK-THE-DOCTOR – Lunch and Learn – Juan Sanchez-Ramos, MD, PhD
- PARKINSON POWER – Fun Lunch & Motivational Talk – Marilyn Tait
- WHO CARES – Caregivers Only Club – Marilyn Tait
Make PARKINSON PLACE your home away from home!
Those who cannot speak … sing. Those who cannot walk … dance. Those who cannot smile … laugh.
A program of the PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Table Of Contents Exercise at Parkinson Place Ask The Doctor Parkinson Power Schedule Of 2015 The Five Exercises of Parkinson Place Back To Top Ask The Doctor Back To Top Parkinson Power Schedule Of...
WHO CARES? “Success Strategies for Parkinson Caregivers” By MARILYN TAIT Parkinson Educator, Motivator & Advocate Executive Director, Parkinson Research Foundation SPEAK UP! “Keep Talking When No One Wants to Listen” The non-stop highs and lows of...